Saturday, September 29, 2012

Corporation Crush

I think I have the nerdiest, adult crush I've ever had. Maybe more than anyone has EVER had.

In my research of the inner workings of Etsy, I've been reading backlogs of Etsy blogs as well as keeping up with their current news. Recently, I keep seeing the title "Notes from Chad." These are more or less memos from the desk of Etsy CEO Chad Dickerson.

I mean, really, look at that face.

He grew up in North Carolina and got a degree in literature. He's worked at Yahoo! and Salon.com before becoming CTO of Etsy in 2008. You can learn a little more about him in this talk about courage.

While all that is impressive, I mostly appreciate what he has done for the Etsy community. He knows that the success of the company depends on the success of its sellers. He and his team really go out of their way to support the handmade movement. 

They've carved a path for me years before I ever joined to ensure their tools and services make entrepreneurship easy and fun. (Kids these days don't know how good they have it.)

Take a look around at my shop that courage built. B In Your Bonnet has fabulous things for you and your friends and family. Support handmade!

No comments:

Post a Comment